terça-feira, 17 de novembro de 2015

Muthure's Place - Depression

She tells me she’s depressed. 
She says life is a waste of time. 
She cries to me with tears in her eyes about the injustice of it all. 
She talks about her Struggle 
Her Fight 
Her… Demon. 
The one that has no horns 
No tail 
And is not red. 
He’s fly… with that effect. 
You know, the one that gets you high? 
Not the I-seriously-can’t-see-anything-clearly high, 
More like the Oh-my-goodness-I-never-thought-I-could-see-such-beauty-without-my-eyes high. 
He’s not the If-at-first-you-don’t-succeed-brush-yourself-off-and-try-again type of guy. 
More like the I’m-so-damn-smooth-and-I-know-you-know-it-so-why-pretend-you-don’t-love-it-ma? type. 
Lauryn’s Mr. Intentional 
The sweet-talking, confident-walking, not-into-stalking UNLESS he’s on the receiving end guy. 
That devil-on-your-shoulder-with-that-deep-voice-to-die-for-telling-you-to-just-eat-that-chocolate-only-just-after-you’ve-resolve-to-lose-those-hips 
Then-complain-about-your-‘60-kg-ass’-when-you-tell-him-you-can’t-fit-into-that-little-dress-he-likes-when-he-asks-why-you-aren’t-wearing-it. 
That demon. 

She says she’s depressed and doesn’t know why. 
She tells me she’s possessed 
By a demon 
That knows nothing and at the same time everything about her. 
A demon 
So small it could pass unnoticed if you didn’t know it existed 
But large enough to block out the sunlight filtering through the windows to her soul. 



She tells me she’s cold inside 
But that she’s got the hots for the Demon. 
She says she thinks the Demon is taking over her brain, 
Making her one of those cannot-be-seen-dead-in-one-of-those-sweaters ladies 
Or worse still, she says, one of those my-tiny-tiny-clothes-just-happen-to-have-a-higher-IQ-than-my-even-more-mini-brain type women. 
She says she doesn’t like it. 
She tells me she wants the Demon exorcised 
And says she’s heard about a good priest 
That doesn’t charge too much for that kind of thing, you know? 
Problem is; 
Apparently her Demon goes to church. 

She tells me she’s depressed 
And I tell her to shut it.

Joy Muthure

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário